If you’re looking for small hookah bowls or want to put together a set-up with the perfect draw, there are several options to choose from. Whether for size or shape, the heating attributes of a material, the type of tobacco flavoring, or just a certain look, it’s worth reviewing the best hookah bowls to make the optimal choice.
Top Hookah Bowls
The classical standard and the popular hookah bowls types in hookah lounges consist of the Egyptian-style clay hookah bowls. These have been traditional for around 400 years and work well with less-flavored shisha tobaccos, like Al-Fakher or Nakhla.
The Egyptians' basic design has holes in the dish’s bottom. However, it can clog shishas that have more juice flavoring. To adapt to other shisha types, several inventive hookah bowls have been developed over time.
These are some of the most popular hookah bowl types available today:
• Vortex - The vortex bowl has a center spire with air intake holes around its sides. These prevent clogging or flavored juices from getting in the hookah.
• Phunnel - The phunnel bowl also has a spire in the middle, but rather than side holes, it has one larger hole at the top. This design is also among the top-rated hookah bowls and offers a wider air intake that sits above the level of the shisha.
• Stone - Stone hookah bowls are a good choice for smoking sessions with varying types of shisha tobacco. The stone isn’t prone to soaking up different flavorings, which means it won’t "ghost" a specific flavor type. Stone bowls are also easier to clean.
• Glass - Glass hookah bowls are unique. They’re typically only used with all-glass hookahs, which allow for beautiful yet fragile designs and the ability to see the smoke as it passes through the bowl. Heat management is a factor, however, as glass heats up quickly and doesn’t hold it for very long.
• Brass - Brass hookah bowls are also typical of ornate all-brass hookahs associated with India or Morocco. The brass can develop a patina in reaction to the air, giving it a time-worn look that brings out etched-in designs. They’re also heavier and have a higher resistance to heat or impact.
There is a wide range of hookah bowls for sale in various materials, like silicone, ceramic, or steel. They can also feature inventive air intake-hole variations or include electronic e-bowls for e-juice rather than shisha. Or, they can include a lip for resting a heat management device, or HMD, instead of a foil cover for charcoal.
Our hookah lounge is the only one in Arizona that’s open 24 hours, offering a wide range of shishas, video games, and events nightly. Come in and consult one of our knowledgeable shisha masters about the best bowl type today!
1175 W. RAY RD., CHANDLER, AZ 85224 US
Copyright © 2019 24Seven - All Rights Reserved.